What is the difference between average and greatness?
Patrick is an experienced CEO, strategist, and recognized thought leader on building high- performance organizations - especially those that want to be more sales and marketing-driven. Medical, financial, real estate, manufacturing, and government organizations have repeatedly engaged him to help formulate strategy, retool cultures, and drive revenue results. He is currently a Managing Director at Transact Capital Partners, Managing Partner at BrightHammer LLC and an active member of the Virgina Council of CEO's.
Click to Tweet: Patrick Morin was featured on Launch to Greatness today!
The Struggle is Real:
- After suffering a debilitating stroke that left Patrick without the ability to walk, write or speak his career as a Dale Carnegie trainer was over. Patrick faced a long road to recovery and recalling a lesson he learned while studying karate, about always getting up, he pushed on to a full recovery. Patrick shares "in life, and business, there are truly struggles out there and as long as you continue to walk, you will be fine."
Celebrate the Victories:
- Patrick takes note of all the small victories throughout each day, and then every Friday night he celebrates all of the victories from the week, surrounded by his closest friends. To this day he considers one of his biggest victories as having employees approach him, ten years after, and say the best company they have ever worked for was his.
If I knew Then:
- The lesson that Patrick wishes he knew when he started out was the value of knowing, and being committed to, what you want. He advises any aspiring entrepreneur to know what you want and go after it; even if it is the craziest thing in the world, go at it and DO NOT BE DISSUADED!
That ONE Thing:
- Patrick shares the importance of looking outside of your industry for new ideas. Identify ideas that are successful in other industries and then figure how to apply them to your industry or organization. He also warns to be cautious when trying to follow the biggest influencers, as most people are trying to exploit their ideas.
- Patrick shares that the difference between people who achieve greatness, versus people who achieve average, is the consistency of making the right binary choices that will move you towards great.
- Patrick Morin's phone number - (804) 612-7103
- Email - email@example.com
- BOOK - The Innovator's Dilema: When New Technologies Cause Great Firms to Fail - Clayton M. Christensen
- BOOK - Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose - Tony Hsieh