What is the difference between average and greatness?
Cliff Olin is an investment banker that shares how to properly use an evaluation process to improve your business, identify your strengths and weaknesses, build the right team and identify the right opportunities, all while limiting the risk as an entrepreneur.
Click to Tweet: Cliff Olin was featured on Launch to Greatness today!
The Struggle is Real:
- Cliff invested a significant amount of money to get ahead of a trend, promulgated by a federal regulation...only to have it changed at the last minute. This resulted in an entire line of business "going kaput." He tells how he was able to move forward by strategically pivoting into another opportunity.
Celebrate the Victories:
- Cliff was able to pivot out of one his biggest struggles into one of his greatest opportunities. He explains how he evaluated the opportunity and plan the work that was very prosperous for many years.
If I knew Then:
- The "$10, $100, $1000 per hour Rule": Breaking the habit of getting "dragged down into the weeds" and spending time focused on the right functions of the business.
That ONE Thing:
- It is critical that you have the ability to step back from your business and view it from a 30,000 foot view so you can identify the right opportunities, know when you may need to pivot.
- Be honest with yourself about why you want to be an entrepreneur. While it seems appealing on the surface, "but for every Mark Zuckerberg, there are a million that beat themselves up for years, put themselves in debt, end up working for someone else and never end up realizing the dream."